Thursday 14 January 2016

Painting Project No. 10 & 11 from 'Ways to Learn Acrylics'

With my new found confidence, I’m focused on painting from ‘Little Ways to Learn Acrylics: 50 small painting projects to get you started" by Mark Daniel Nelson more frequently. To prove my commitment and move swiftly to Chapter 3 ‘Beyond Basics’, I’m posting two paintings today.


Project number 10 ‘Mixing tints and shades: Red Poppy’ took longer than expected; on my first try the poppy looked too small and square. The results were much better when I remixed the same shades of cadmium red and made the poppy larger. My only criticism is the area around the stem, but didn’t want to ruin the beautiful background trying to fix it.


Project number 11 ‘Painting negative space: Red Shoe’ was not easy and required a lot of layers to get things right. Even though there were many things that irritated me about the painting, I compelled myself not to over work it. Don’t think I like negative painting :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment