Saturday 3 October 2015

‘3xWeekly’ Cherie’s Sleeping Labrador

This week as usual, I was falling behind on my 3xWeekly pet portraits. Wanting everything to be perfect is a dangerous thing, especially when you’re learning. Anyway, with a shopping addiction and the constant barrage of e-mail from art supply shops, I bought more System 3 Heavy Body Acrylics. With the paint came a free CD from my current favourite artist Hashim Akib. ‘Lay It On Thick Spread It On Thin’ was the perfect inspiration for this painting of my friend Cherie’s Labrador. I spotted the dog's photo a while ago and thought it would make a nice painting; after watching Hashim paint the goldfish it all came together.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!!! You captured it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cherie. I am so glad you like it. Usually the photo of the painting looks better, but this time I think the painting itself is more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete