Tuesday 1 September 2015

Joining the Society for All Artists (SAA)

While at ‘All About Art’ I joined the SAA; partly because I’ve been meaning to and partly because they had an extra bag of goodies if you joined on the day.

So what did I get?
4 water colour & 2 acrylic practice sheets of paper
1 picture finder
2 round, 1 flat & 1 filbert brush
1 fold-able water pot
1 of each SAA acrylic, oil & watercolour paint in French Ultramarine

With the standard membership I received:
'How to Paint–Drawing Techniques' by Quentin de la Bedoyere
Paint your own postcards
Membership card
SAA window sticker
SAA Catalogue

I started to read the Drawing book but haven’t tried any of the free product yet.
Some of the membership benefits I like are:
Free Paint magazine every two months.
Free shipping on art materials... once you learn to navigate the SAA website, ordering is easy and products come quickly & well packed, which is pretty nice.
Free entry to competitions... someday, hopefully soon.
Insurance at exhibitions... a standard membership is limited to £500 but only in the UK & Ireland. Can't wait for the day when I will have artwork worthy of an exhibition… fingers crossed.

All in all, not bad for £29.50 with direct debit…there are other art websites that give free shipping with membership but so far this one is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment