Tuesday 18 August 2015

Painting & Drawing Class – Final Project w/ Joel

We had five weeks to complete our final project and being a masochist I attempted to do that same portrait of DeNiro, but this time in oils. Halfway through the project it became clear that white plus four colours: ultramarine blue, cadmium red, crimson red and cadmium yellow, weren’t enough.

I did some research and found a webpage detailing what colours to use for portraits. With additional help from Joel, I decided to add burnt sienna, raw sienna and prussian blue to my arsenal. While purchasing paints from ArtDiscount.co.uk there was a great offer for a studio easel….so I bought that too. The easel is fantastic; the same ones we use in art class, very sturdy and versatile.


After five weeks in class, DeNiro wasn’t finished:)). I fixed a few things at home, then got overwhelmed; but finally decided to pull my finger out. I’m posting today after moving the publish date of this blog too many times. Maybe someday I’ll be able to finish it, but for now this is... as good as it gets (I know... that was Jack).

No comments:

Post a Comment