Saturday 8 August 2015

Carol Marine ‘Daily Painting’ Book & Blog Review

‘Daily Painting’ by Carol Marine revolutionized the way I think. Each time I failed with a particular painting style in the past I felt defeated and just tried something new. It was easy to move on because there are so many mediums and subjects. Daily painting hast taught me if you want to get good at something practice, practice, practice.

The book is fantastic with lots of tips, tricks and great ideas. Carol paints mostly in oils, so if you are an oil painter it will be more informational. But even though I mainly paint in acrylic, I loved reading this book and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Carol Marine not only has written this book but also hosts a Daily Paints Works website that sells her paintings and paintings of others who are doing the same thing. The website is very motivating and someday I aspire to sell my paintings there. The artists also have a place to list their links to individual e-mails, gallery, blogs, websites and facebook.

I’ve had this book for a while, but didn’t want to blog about it until I had time to do a painting a day. So, I’ve decided to apply the theory but alter it a little to suit my needs. I’m going to try and commit to at least three paintings a week; dubbed by me… ‘3x Weekly’. I will be blogging about my experiences along with pics of the paintings once a week. It’s not daily but I have too many other things to do; some may call it a cop out... but I call it realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment