Saturday 4 July 2015

Acrylic Painting Class – Glazing with Joel

For Joel's next class we needed to bring in glazing gel; let me tell you... it’s not easy to find. Hobbycraft had ‘Winsor & Newton Galleria Gloss Medium’, it didn’t say glaze on the bottle, but it worked.

For our assignment, we were able to choose from a couple of black and white A3 photos. The first step was to add various shades of grey. In the second class we began to add colour. Even though the subject matter was AWESOME, this was probably my least favourite exercise. The shades of grey were applied incorrectly, so the glazing technique didn't work so well.

At home I did a portrait of my brother’s dog, and was happy with the result.

After class I went to George Weil  art store and bought ‘Daler-Rowney Glaze Medium – Matt’ because the W&N gloss medium was too shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment