Thursday 11 June 2015

SAOS - Screen Printing with Helen Locke

Last year at Surrey Artists’ Open Studios, was a screen printing taster class, which was full. But luckily, advertised in the SAOS guide was an afternoon ‘Adventures in Screen Print’ class with Helen Locke, so I took it. She said to bring an image or object for inspiration. I chose Duck, Duck, Goose for my theme. In class we cut out our shapes with a sharp knife. Then we agreed on colours and put down the background; it’s easy but complicated at the same time. You’ll just have to try it to see what I mean.



After the background dried, the cut out was next… kinda hard to get everything lined up properly. Luckily Helen was there for us.




And voila my first screen print you also get a ghost copy.


It was a fun class and I would take it again. It would be nice to buy all the stuff and do at home but without the proper space it could get very messy. Also, all the paint mixtures were done for us and Helen was there helping us put things in the right order and giving colour advice. Also, I can’t even remember exactly how I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment