Tuesday 30 June 2015

Acrylic Painting Class – Colour Wheel with Joel

Joel asked us to bring three colours, plus white to art class (process yellow, cyan and magenta or cadmium red, cadmium yellow and cobalt blue). Of course, I brought all six and had a play with both sets. The colour wheel was as you’d expect; but the exercise after was pretty neat.

We were to make a grey background using the three colours then paint one of the white objects on the table in various shades of grey. My grey background wasn’t really grey, but I liked it anyway. It was hard for me to draw the object and see all the shades, but with a little help from Joel I did it.



Painted two objects from the kitchen at home and liked the results; even if the background wasn’t grey.

Then painted my white Samoyed from an old picture. Didn’t finish it because I didn’t want to ruin it. Note to self... have to get out of that mind-set.

No comments:

Post a Comment