Thursday 28 May 2015

Wisley & Monet

We finally decided to join RHS Wisley to enjoy the gardens and take pictures. To our surprise, it’s also a great place to eat! My first time there I took lots of photos and one inspired me to paint.

Monet came to mind and on uTube there were so many how to demos; this one by Barry Whitehouse is very good. It was easy and pretty fast for me to paint (probably could have worked on it more but didn't want to ruin it). I enjoyed it and would like to try another sometime soon.


Putting a painting in a frame really makes it look better, the black frame was bought on eBay for £37, which was reasonable except that the glass was broken. They replaced it with a plastic covering, which looks a little tacky, next time I will get it done by a professional.

2 comments:

  1. Monet with a Japanese accent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I didn't notice that :))

      Delete